Your personal information may be used partially or fully in the following situations.
(1) Management of user accounts
(2) For the sale of products, rights, or digital contents (hereby known as “Products”) by us or a Third Party
(3) For campaigns, contests, or surveys
(4) To allow for simple or smooth registration and login to other services by us, a subsidiary company’s service, or other related company’s services
(5) To connect with Facebook’s services
(6) To notify you of important updates regarding our services (including via email)
(7) Advertisements for Products by us or a Third Party (including via email)
(8) Email newsletters
(9) The calculation of payments or billing (including the packing and shipping of Products if applicable)
(10) Points, complimentary tickets, miles, or other bonuses given to users (hereby known as “Points”)
(11) Displaying information posted by a user
(12) Customer support or help services
(13) The gathering and analysis of marketing data, and development of new services
(14) Statistics we may choose to share with subsidiary companies, related companies, or other companies working with us
(15) Fulfillment and exercise of obligations of rights under the law or this contract
(1) We have assigned one person to be in charge and responsible for the personal information of users at our company as is the standard in Japan. This person is responsible for guiding and leading the appropriate use and maintenance of personal information at GINKAN, Inc.
President: Tomochika Kamiya
(2) We will work to protect the personal information our users have entrusted in us, and will take organizational, physical, personal, and technical measures to prevent illegal access to the user’s personal information, loss of any of this personal information, as well as to prevent the tampering with or leakage of any user’s personal information.
Generally, in order to protect your personal information we will not share or disclose your information to any third parties without prior consent. However in the following special situations your personal information may partially or wholly be shared without your consent.
(1) In response to an order by law
(2) If it is needed to protect a person’s life, body, or inheritance, and it is difficult or impossible to obtain the consent of the individual first
(3) When it is required to provide the information by law to assist in efforts to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; and the individual’s consent cannot be obtained because it would hinder the investigation
(4) When it is necessary to outsource the information partially or wholly as part of running our service
(5) When personal information must be provided in accordance with a merger or other business inheritance
(1) The personal information explained in Article 1 may be shared for reasons included in Article 2 by our company, our subsidiaries, or with another related company or outsourced company if required for our business.
We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to provide security for your personal information. SSL technology enables the encryption of sensitive information. We also have taken various measures to protect and manage your personal information, with how it is transmitted, anti-virus, and by monitoring and restricting access to the information.
We take no responsibility regarding personal information that is independently collected and used by Third Party sites and services that can be accessed through our service. These Third Party sites and services have their own independent provisions and services, for which we assume no responsibility or liability.
If a user contacts us with a request for the disclosure of their personal information we will confirm that it is the individual making this request themself and disclose the information to them as soon as possible (and if there is no personal information saved on that individual we will notify them as such). We will act on the basis of the provisions of the Personal Information Protection Law. However, if we are not required to fulfill our obligation of disclosure as stated in the other section of the Personal Information Protection Law, there may be situations where your personal information is not disclosed.
Also please note, we charge a small service fee (1,500 Japanese Yen per case) in order to provide individuals with a disclosure of personal information. Thank you for your understanding.
If a user contacts us with a request to correct, add, or delete their personal information we will confirm that it is the individual making this request themself and investigate the situation as soon as possible and edit the personal information as is appropriate. We will then notify the individual. We will act on the basis of the provisions of the Personal Information Protection Law. However, if we are not required to fulfill our obligation of correction as stated in the other section of the Personal Information Protection Law, there may be situations where your personal information is not corrected.
Pixel Shinjuku 1F, 7-26-7 Shinjuku, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo, Japan 160-0022
GINKAN, Inc. Privacy Support
Last Updated: September 23, 2016